Re: RESADM-L Digest - 19 Aug 2010 to 20 Aug 2010 (#2010-194) Dash, Rhonda 23 Aug 2010 08:20 EST

4. Paying for drug licenses?

Are you talking about DEA controlled substances? If so, the application and state application fees are usually exempt for employees at a state institution. Is your University a private or public (state) institution?
Rhonda Dash (ext 2458)

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of RESADM-L automatic digest system
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 11:00 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: RESADM-L Digest - 19 Aug 2010 to 20 Aug 2010 (#2010-194)

Topics of the day:

 1. No Director at ORI since 3/2009
 2. Auto Reply: Re: [RESADM-L] No Director at ORI since 3/2009
 3. contract language with an international corporation
 4. Paying for drug licenses

Date:    Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:25:42 -0400
From:    Theresa Defino <xxxxxx@AOL.COM>
Subject: Re: No Director at ORI since 3/2009

We have linked this to our home page so you can forward the link if you want.

http://www.reportonresearchcompliance.com/

Kind regards,

Theresa Defino
Editor
Report on Research Compliance
301-738-3721
xxxxxx@aol.com

Date:    Fri, 20 Aug 2010 06:31:15 -0700
From:    Theo Bosnak <xxxxxx@ORACLE.COM>
Subject: Auto Reply: Re: [RESADM-L] No Director at ORI since 3/2009

Greetings. On Friday, August20, I will be out of the office all day, without access to email or voicemail.  If the matter is important, please call Joe Burkhart at 773-230-7109.  If not, please leave a message, I will return it as soon as possible.  Thank you.

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:26:33 -0400
From:    Deborah Lynn Lundin <xxxxxx@UNCP.EDU>
Subject: contract language with an international corporation

Greetings!

We are currently working through some contract language with a corporation solely based overseas.  In one particular clause, "Laws and Regulations," the original language stated that the agreement will be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the "home country" of the sponsor, and that the place of jurisdiction will be within the courts of the sponsor's home country.

This original language is currently unacceptable according to state law, however, the sponsor objects to the wholesale removal of the language regarding their home country jurisdiction.

Has anyone encountered this issue?  If so, were you able to find language that was acceptable for both your institution and the sponsor?

Please feel free to email me directly at xxxxxx@uncp.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@uncp.edu>.

Thanks!

Deborah Lundin, Ed.D.
College of Arts and Sciences
University of North Carolina at Pembroke
Old Main 210
Pembroke, NC 28372
(910) 522-5781 (T); (910) 521-6606 (F)

------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:49:17 -0400
From:    Anna Grove <xxxxxx@GWU.EDU>
Subject: Paying for drug licenses

Hi everyone,

All PIs were notified a few months ago that starting October 1st they would each have to have their own DC and federal licenses to purchase restricted drugs used for animal research - up until now the ARF has purchased them on their behalf using licenses held by the ARF vet.  One of our PIs has applied for these licenses, but they are not cheap (the DC one alone is $130) and they need to be renewed every year.  Do you think these can be purchased using grant funds, since the drugs to be purchased are needed for their research to be done?

Thanks,

Anna Z. Grove, MBA
Research Administrator
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Tropical Medicine
The George Washington University
Ross Hall, Room 733
2300 Eye Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037