Re: Review time Charlie Hathaway (30 Jun 2010 11:55 EST)
Re: Review time Maggie Bryan-Peterson (30 Jun 2010 14:13 EST)

Re: Review time Maggie Bryan-Peterson 30 Jun 2010 14:13 EST

Good one, Charlie!

Maggie Bryan-Peterson, CRA
Director
Office of Sponsored Programs
E230a Thompson Hall
SUNY Fredonia
Fredonia, NY  14063

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Charlie Hathaway
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 12:56 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Review time

1.   Whoever submits proposals late is an enemy.
2.   Whoever submits proposals on-time is a friend.
3.   All PIs are equal under the rules.
3a.  Some PIs are more equal than others.
4.   No exceptions will be made to rules.
4a.  Sometimes rules change briefly for some PIs.
5.   Whoever gets a grant is most equal.

> We are working on revising our policy for when PIs need to submit
their
applications to OSP for
> review.   What is your policy on receiving applications for review
prior
to submission?   What are
> the exceptions, if any?  Do you accept applications after the
deadline?
What is your policy if you
> find that the PI wants to do something that is against institutional
policy?

> Any information you are willing to share will be greatly appreciated.
>

> Charlotte A. Johnson
> Associate Director
> Office of Sponsored Programs
> Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
> 133 Brookline Ave., 5th Floor
> Boston, MA 02215
> Telephone:  617/509-9929
> Fax:  617/509-9859
> www.harvardpilgrim.org/providers (research and teaching)

information contained in this email message and any attachments may be
> privileged and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.
If
> you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
review, disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this email in
error, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message without
saving, copying or disclosing it.  Thank you.