Flow Through Dollars and F&A Rates Terri Fayle (25 Jun 2010 14:14 EST)
Re: Flow Through Dollars and F&A Rates Hudobenko,Paul F. (25 Jun 2010 14:49 EST)

Re: Flow Through Dollars and F&A Rates Hudobenko,Paul F. 25 Jun 2010 14:49 EST

Unless the prime award to the state agency specified a limitation on F&A, you are absolutely correct Terri.

Paul Hudobenko, CRA
Univeristy of Connecticut Health Center

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Terri Fayle
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 3:15 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Flow Through Dollars and F&A Rates

Friends,

I've been out of the office a few days, and when I get back I have a letter from a state agency that says the following:

"This indirect cost rate is the maximum that our agency is allowed to pay out for projects that are paid for with federal funds as per the enclosed agreement."  The enclosed agreement is the state agency's Indirect Cost Rate Agreement.

My opinion is this is a complete misread of the rate agreement on the part of the state agency.  Their rate agreement with the feds doesn't affect my project with the state agency.  My rate agreement would do that.  Right?????

Should my opinion be different knowing the arrangement with the state agency is a contract and not a subaward?

I do believe that if the state agency PUBLISHED a policy that said they only pay on pass-thru projects an equivalent amount to what they collect from the feds, I'd not argue the point.  I just believe they've taken the wrong stance.

Please straighten me out!!!

Terri
xxxxxx@ucmo.edu