Re: transfer of applicant institution for NIH award Zoya Hamilton 30 Mar 2010 08:15 EST

Carolyn,

We processed several transfers of this nature. In each case NIH
requested an invention report and a relinquishing statement for each
proposal that we gave up. For awards that we transferred in, we budgeted
indirects at our rate, but direct costs stayed the same as in the
original proposal. There should not be an issue of higher F&A if F&A is
not a part of the total cost subject to he award ceiling. If it is, you
would have to rework your budget to accommodate higher indirects or
agree to a lower rate.

Zoya

--
Zoya Hamilton, CRA
Sr. Associate Director, Research Administration