Re: Research Adminstrator Positions Costing Guidelines Ruth Tallman 24 Mar 2010 15:27 EST
Hi Angela,

I think it would be unrealistic to have such a rule-of-thumb $ amount
for pre-award research administrators because the administrator can't
control the ideas.  The pre-award administrator can light fires under
bright people reluctant to submit and can help improve the quality of
the proposals.  So, if successful, the number of proposals should
increase and the percentage of proposals that get funded should
increase.  Those would be appropriate markers in my opinion.

Ruth