Re: Upcoming SRA Ohio Chapter meeting Lesley Zajac 04 Mar 2010 11:34 EST

Marjorie:

Thanks for the update.  I appreciate the information.  As I said, I have
heard good things about NCURA over the years.  But it's hard enough to
fit into SRA sometimes as a small non-profit organization (no disrespect
to SRA intended or to other non-profits who are members of SRA).

Lesley S. Zajac
Director, Research Administration
Jaeb Center for Health Research
15310 Amberly Drive, Ste 350
Tampa, FL 33647
Tel: 813.975.8690
Fax: 813.975.8761
email: xxxxxx@jaeb.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Forster, Marjorie
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 11:07 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Upcoming SRA Ohio Chapter meeting

I read Lesley's email and thought I would check the membership
requirements for NCURA and I believe based on my review your
organization would be eligible to be a member of NCURA.
Regular Membership
Available to any individual engaged in the administration of sponsored
programs in a college or university, a teaching hospital or not for
profit hospital an independent not for profit research institute, or an
organization wholly organized and administered by a college or
university or a consortium of colleges and universities, or an
association or society with individual or institutional members
predominantly from colleges and universities.
Associate Membership
Available to any individual who is not qualified for Regular Membership,
but whose activities are related to the administration of sponsored
programs at colleges and universities.

I also want to respond to a previous email from which I inferred that
NCURA's programs are designed only for those in central administration
offices.  That is not the case.  At its annual meeting NCURA has
designed a track which is geared to the department administrator.  There
are tracks for: 1) individuals from PUI's, 2) Health Sciences
organizations, 3) those who are required to manage intellectual property
and 4) those involved in international/global programs.  I am sure I am
missing some of the tracks which have been developed over the years, but
I wanted to make sure that the list understands that NCURA has expanded
its membership opportunities and also expanded the content of its
programs at the national, regional, and specialized courses.

Marjorie Forster

On Mar 4, 2010, at 10:45 AM, Lesley Zajac wrote:

Being a small non-profit research organization and not an educational
institution, SRA was my only choice although I have heard great things
about NCURA over the years.  But even we have been financially selective
in terms of sending only one person to the annual meeting and the other
person to the regional meeting (and then flip flopping that the next
year)