Re: eRA Commons question -- yellow highlighted boxes in assembled application Elizabeth Cline 03 Mar 2010 10:55 EST

Bob,

Thanks.  I went back to the R01 generic application and it does have yellow in the "Project/Performance Site Primary Location" but NOT in the "Project/Performance Site Location 1" (which to me is a "second" performance site, right?).  We completely filled out the Primary Location information, including zip code and congressional district, but not the "Site Location 1."   So, "Site Location 1" (which again I interpret as a second site, which doesn't exist) is completely blank other than in the assembled application which has 2 yellow boxes. The submitted application just looks fine (no info, no yellow).  Is "Site Location 1" actually supposed to be a repeat of the Primary?  (If so, hmmmm, we haven't been doing that in the past and gotten applications through).  Thanks for your time looking at this!

Beth
-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Bob Beattie
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 10:37 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] eRA Commons question -- yellow highlighted boxes in assembled application

I just opened up an R01 generic application (PA-10-067, Adobe Forms B)
and on the Performance Site form, both Zip Code and Congressional
District are highlighted fields.  The wonder is how you got the
application pass "Check Package for Errors" and for G.g to validate
it.    Look back at your application on your computer to see if these
fields are filled in.

Bob
------------------------------
Robert Beattie
UMich e-Business Point of Contact
UMich Grants.gov Liaison
Managing Senior Project Representative for Electronic Research
Administration
Division of Research Development and Administration
University of Michigan
xxxxxx@umich.edu   (734) 936-1283
Member, NIH Commons Working Group
Member, FDP eRA Standing Committee and Grants.gov Joint Application
Design Team

On Mar 3, 2010, at 8:39 AM, Elizabeth Cline wrote:

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with a strange issue with
a recent NIH R01 application. I have submitted a service request, but
meanwhile thought I'd inquire if anyone else has experienced this
problem or can provide any explanation.

Yesterday I submitted an R01 application. It went through Grants.gov
fine and I received all the normal G.g emails in a timely manner.
However, I did NOT receive an email from Commons. I logged into
Commons and the assembled application was there, with NO warnings or
errors. However, when I viewed the assembled application, I saw yellow
highlighted boxes for "Zip/Postal Code" and "Congressional District"
in the "Project/Performance Site Location 1." These boxes are NOT
highlighted in the original application.

So, does anyone have any ideas? Fundamentally, it seems that if there
are yellow boxes in the assembled application, I should see the same
in the submitted application. I'm waiting to hear if we should
resubmit (though I wouldn't know what to "change") or if the
application is okay since it's in Commons and we don't have any
errors. If I had received the email from Commons that the application
was available, etc., I'd feel more confident that the application is
actually okay ... . Thanks for any ideas!

Beth

Elizabeth Whippo Cline
Director, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Northeastern Ohio Universities Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy
4209 State Route 44
Rootstown, OH  44272

Phone: 330.325.6498
FAX: 330.325.5926