FW: [RESADM-L] eRA Commons question -- yellow highlighted boxes in assembled application Elizabeth Cline 03 Mar 2010 09:12 EST

Thanks.  I guess I should clarify.  We don't have another performance site so ALL the information in the block is blank (at least in the original application).  I know if you inadvertently click on some of the boxes, you sometimes can't get rid of the yellow, but these boxes aren't highlighted in my application.

-----Original Message-----
From: Loree Brennan [mailto:xxxxxx@med.umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 9:06 AM
To: Elizabeth Cline
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] eRA Commons question -- yellow highlighted boxes in assembled application

Hi,

G.g requires 9 digit ZIP codes and congressional districts have to be in a certain format--I believe it is something like MI015 (example for 15th in Michigan).

Hope this helps.

Loree

S. Loree Brennan
Sponsored Projects Financial Analyst
University of Michigan
Department of Psychiatry
Substance Abuse Section
734-232-0227

>>> Elizabeth Cline <xxxxxx@NEOUCOM.EDU> 3/3/2010 8:39 AM >>>
I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with a strange issue with a recent NIH R01 application. I have submitted a service request, but meanwhile thought I'd inquire if anyone else has experienced this problem or can provide any explanation.

Yesterday I submitted an R01 application. It went through Grants.gov fine and I received all the normal G.g emails in a timely manner. However, I did NOT receive an email from Commons. I logged into Commons and the assembled application was there, with NO warnings or errors. However, when I viewed the assembled application, I saw yellow highlighted boxes for "Zip/Postal Code" and "Congressional District" in the "Project/Performance Site Location 1." These boxes are NOT highlighted in the original application.

So, does anyone have any ideas? Fundamentally, it seems that if there are yellow boxes in the assembled application, I should see the same in the submitted application. I'm waiting to hear if we should resubmit (though I wouldn't know what to "change") or if the application is okay since it's in Commons and we don't have any errors. If I had received the email from Commons that the application was available, etc., I'd feel more confident that the application is actually okay ... . Thanks for any ideas!

Beth

Elizabeth Whippo Cline
Director, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Northeastern Ohio Universities Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy
4209 State Route 44
Rootstown, OH  44272

Phone: 330.325.6498
FAX: 330.325.5926