Re: Missing or garbled information Charlie Hathaway 02 Mar 2010 12:18 EST

Actually, they are allowing 5 days now.

As to your question: I will take the 5th and remind you that you want
proposals to be funded and in the absence of any (?) evidence that NIH is
taking the considerable time necessary to compare versions of submitted
proposals to check for corrections in spelling, grammar, and YES,
inconsistencies, I'd imagine that a lot of people will submit
changed/corrected applications that are possible not responding entirely
to errors identified by the govt.  I'd like to think that institutions are
NOT allowing PIs to plan on abusing the deadline, and use the correction
window for major edits or additions.  But fixing small mistakes that might
otherwise prevent a reviewer from realizing the genius and potential in a
project? Aren't those corrctions in everyone's best interest?

CH