Re: university response to murders at UA-H Charlie Hathaway 16 Feb 2010 10:39 EST

I'd like to think that journalistic monopolizing on this event, though
expected, is wrong for a few major reasons.  First, this woman clearly had
problems prior to the most recent tragedy and therefore the event is
primarily an individual acting very poorly.  Second, neither this nor the
total of similar past events constitute anything close to statistically
significant evidence that the pressures of academia, including special
pressures facing women, lead people to murder their colleagues.

CH