Re: Grants.gov Submission Problems Today Dimmitt, Robert 05 Feb 2010 15:38 EST

Yep, we are having the same problems.  All I can say is....  "Welcome back Grants.gov.... we missed you!!!"

Anyway, looks like we are back to calling both grants.gov and commons, waiting on hold with both for hours at a time, getting ticket numbers, writing letters, and then submitting late.  Then reassuring our PIs that everything is ok, constantly having to follow up, etc....

Yep, missed all that....

Rob

------------------------------------

Rob Dimmitt
Grant Services Manager, Indianapolis
Office of Research Administration
Indiana University
620 Union Drive, Room 518
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-5167
Phone: (317) 278-4819
Fax: (317) 274-5932
http://research.iupui.edu/resadmin.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Ann R Shiras
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 3:20 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Grants.gov Submission Problems Today

Is anyone else having troubles submitting this afternoon?  Two people in our office are have had no success submitting.  Sometimes the "sign and submit" screen doesn't appear after logging in.  The times when it does appear, the small screen which usually shows files transferring indicates no file transfers, then an Error:Nothing Done screen appears.  Grants.gov Help Desk says it's due to high volume and to keep trying.  I'm surprised not to see any other emails on this.  Does anyone have any ideas other than keep trying?

Thanks,

Ann Shiras
Proposal Review
UW-Milwaukee