Re: NIH proposal submission: using Co-Investigator Amy Kimble 01 Feb 2010 13:24 EST

Hi Martina,

This is from the eRA commons listserv email dated 1/12/2010:

R&R Senior Key Person Profile (Expanded) form

*         The drop-down list of values for the Project Role field now
includes "Post-doctoral Scholar" and "Co-Investigator."  The "PD/PI"
role still must be used for all principal investigators on a
multiple-principal-investigator application. The new "Co-Investigator'
role, however, recognizes that many institutions use the
"Co-Investigator" role internally and including it in the drop down
accommodates that special institution use.

I did actually submit an application last week with the Co-Investigator
role selected and no errors/warnings were returned.

I attached the email from eRA for your convenience.

Thanks!
Amy

Amy Kimble
Contract & Grant Officer
Sponsored Projects Administration

University of California, Irvine
300 University Tower
Irvine, CA 92697-7600

Telephone: (949) 824-8634
Fax: (949) 824-2094
Email: xxxxxx@research.uci.edu

AA Forms may now be submitted via PDF or fax and the updated AA form can
be found at:
http://www.research.uci.edu/ora/forms/sp/administrative-approval.doc