Re: NOT-OD-10-039-NIH Fiscal Policy for Grant Awards - FY 2010 Mears, Scott E. 11 Jan 2010 08:15 EST

We have decided to continue to use 3%.

Scott Mears, Senior Research Administrator
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute
Office of Sponsored Research
12902 Magnolia Drive - MRC-3 RESADMIN
Tampa, FL 33612-9497
Tel: 813-745-1397
Fax: 813-745-6700
www.moffitt.org
-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Bloomberg, Robert
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 4:48 PM
To: Mears, Scott E.
Subject: NOT-OD-10-039-NIH Fiscal Policy for Grant Awards - FY 2010

To all,

Given the reduction in escalation from 3% to 2% (below), how will your institution propose?  Will you still use 3% to guard against the possibility the rate may increase in later years, or will you propose 2%?

 "The FY 2010 appropriation as specified in P.L. 111-171 provides 		NIH a 2 percent inflation allowance to NIH investments in 			research supported by research grants. Implementation requires a 		reduction to previously established commitments, based on a 3 		percent inflation allowance. Accordingly, each Institute and 		will use its own discretion to allocate the adjustment among its 		non-competing research grants (modular and non-modular) to 			ensure compliance with the 2 percent inflation allowance 			provided in its FY 2010 committed level. Future year commitments 		will be adjusted accordingly."

Thanks.

Bob

Robert P. Bloomberg
Director, Office of Grants & Contracts
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington Street (Tupper 10)
Boston, MA  02111
Tel.   617.636.1142
Fax.  617.636.8568

This transmission may be confidential or protected from disclosure and is only for review and use by the intended recipient. Access by anyone else is unauthorized. Any unauthorized reader is hereby notified that any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this information, or any act or omission taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.