NOT-OD-10-039-NIH Fiscal Policy for Grant Awards - FY 2010 Bloomberg, Robert 08 Jan 2010 16:47 EST

To all,

Given the reduction in escalation from 3% to 2% (below), how will your institution propose?  Will you still use 3% to guard against the possibility the rate may increase in later years, or will you propose 2%?

 "The FY 2010 appropriation as specified in P.L. 111-171 provides 		NIH a 2 percent inflation allowance to NIH investments in 			research supported by research grants. Implementation requires a 		reduction to previously established commitments, based on a 3 		percent inflation allowance. Accordingly, each Institute and 		will use its own discretion to allocate the adjustment among its 		non-competing research grants (modular and non-modular) to 			ensure compliance with the 2 percent inflation allowance 			provided in its FY 2010 committed level. Future year commitments 		will be adjusted accordingly."

Thanks.

Bob

Robert P. Bloomberg
Director, Office of Grants & Contracts