Re: Adobe, JavaScript and Grants.gov Mauneel Desai 16 Dec 2009 17:22 EST

Tom is right. If you disable Javascript from Edit -> Preferences,
Grants.Gov PDF package will NOT work. Javascript is needed when you
submit the submission. I just re-confirmed this with Grants.Gov.

Couple of our users even reported that they were not able to open the
file once the Javascript was disabled. It gave them Javascript
warnings and wouldn't let them move further.

A good option is to use the JavaScript Blacklist functionality to
block the affected method ["Doc.media.newPlayer()"]. This is an IT
admin task. This way you are only blocking the affected method.
Secunia has posted a note on this here:

http://secunia.com/advisories/37690/2/

By doing this you are still allowing other essential Javascript
functions in Adobe.

Thank you.

--
Mauneel D Desai