Re: ARRA Section 1512 Reporting Errors on NIH awards Tom Drinane 19 Oct 2009 11:01 EST

We got one of these as well. I assume the issue is not that the FTE
reported is outside parameters, or that the amount expended exceeds the
award, but that you can't have created or retained an FTE if you did not
spend anything. Change the FTE to -0- and you should be OK.

Yes, the wording of the error messages is clunky, and I really hate
getting a message that says a date I reported doesn't agree with the
date they have (if they have the date, why do I need to report it?!?),
but on the whole the reporting went pretty smoothly, and I appreciate
the effort to do some edits on our data up front. None of us wants to
look foolish when these data go public.

Kris Wolff wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I just got this email. The first error, Number of Jobs, was reported
> as 1 – how can that fall outside their parameters? For the second one,
> the Total Federal Amount of ARRA Expenditure field was reported as
> $0.00 - so obviously it does not exceed the Award Amount field. I used
> version 1.3 of the reporting template from FederalReporting.gov. Has
> anyone else gotten error messages like this and if so, what did you
> have to do to correct them? I will be in DC for the NCURA conference
> all next week and they want this fixed by the 20^th , so I’m a bit
> concerned.
>
> Thanks!

Tom Drinane
8 Douglas Ridge