Re: ARRA Reporting- are you including grants awarded Sept 38-30? Lesley Zajac 05 Oct 2009 12:55 EST

I had an ARRA awarded on 9/30/09 and I sent in a report showing zero
expenditures, zero vendors, zero subcontracts etc., but with all the
other information filled in.  It passed validation, and I have not had
any communication other than the confirmation.

Lesley S. Zajac
Director, Research Administration
Jaeb Center for Health Research
15310 Amberly Drive, Ste 350
Tampa, FL 33647
Tel: 813.975.8690
Fax: 813.975.8761
email: xxxxxx@jaeb.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Carolyn Elliott-Farino
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 1:42 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] ARRA Reporting- are you including grants awarded
Sept 38-30?

I thought this was a very straightforward no, because we have had no
expenditures on a couple of supplements awarded last week, but NIH is
probably going to want to account for money obligated by the 30th, so
now
I'm not sure. We can put zeros for jobs created/retained, $0 spent, but
fill in all the other information, which we'll have to do for the
January
report. Needless to say, I'd much prefer not to worry about these late
arrivals for this report. Are you including grants awarded last week,
even
the week before that, if there haven't been any expenditures? Although
the
agency may send us an award notice, it takes us a couple of days to set
up
the grant account, and then a few days for the PI to get rolling.

Is the cut-off date indeed Sept. 30 for grants awarded?

Thanking you in advance for your wisdom.

Carolyn