Re: Position Control Policy Susanne Gartner 24 Sep 2009 08:51 EST

*
------Original Message------
From: Juanita Andaya
Sender: Research Administration List
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
ReplyTo: Research Administration Discussion List
Sent: Sep 23, 2009 8:45 PM
Subject: [RESADM-L] Position Control Policy

Hi All,
Our university is looking at establishing a Position Control Policy. We've
researched the internet for published policies on this subject to help us
gather best practices information but have been unsuccessful.

Simply put, we want to know what happens when faculty or staff positions
become vacant?
* Does the position and all the money stay in the college?
* If not:
 - Do all positions go to a central person or is the college guaranteed a
certain percentage?
 - Does all the money go with the positions to the central person, or does
the college get to keep a portion?
 - Who is the central person?
 - Finally, is this system working?

Your input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Juanita Andaya

Juanita Andaya
Director of Administrative Services
School of Ocean & Earth Science & Technology
University of Hawaii at Manoa
1680 East-West Rd, POST 802
Honolulu, HI  96822
808.956.9110(wk) 808.956.9152(fax)