Re: Fed Reporting Excel Templates Lesley Zajac 22 Sep 2009 10:03 EST

The version I have, which I downloaded on 8/18/09, is labeled Version 1.1.  Should I assume that this version has now been superseded???  This is really annoying.

Lesley S. Zajac
Director, Research Administration
Jaeb Center for Health Research
15310 Amberly Drive, Ste 350
Tampa, FL 33647
Tel: 813.975.8690
Fax: 813.975.8761
email: xxxxxx@jaeb.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Alpen, Simone
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 10:50 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Fed Reporting Excel Templates

This is so frustrating. Last week I had a conversation where they assured me that version 1.3 could be used to submit, but after received this email I went back online. Unfortunately, I got the same response as you, Diana (pasted below). It seems like you can validate version 1.3 but that you won't be able to submit it.
--Simone

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Dawn'
Dawn: Welcome to our live chat service.
Dawn: May I have your Funding Agency and State?
Simone Alpen: Hi Dawn.
Simone Alpen: I chatted with someone last week (ticket #128382) and I got confirmation that version 1.3 of the Excel template would be ok for submission for October 1.
Simone Alpen: But, I heard from a colleague that they received a different response from someone else at Federalreporting.gov.
Simone Alpen: They mentioned that the Excel templates currently available are only models and that you'd get errors if they were submitted. (We are trying to prep for the deadline by pre-filling a lot of the required data elements).
Simone Alpen: Can you please tell me if filling out the current available Excel file will be accepted for submission on/after Oct 1?
Dawn: I understand, I apologize for the conflicting information you are receiving. I will check to get this clarified for you.
Simone Alpen: Thanks
Dawn: At this time, the final version will be available by October 1st.
Simone Alpen: So anything pre-filled in the current available versions will not work?
Dawn: When version are you currently using?
Simone Alpen: 1.3
Dawn: The information I just received is that the final version will be available October 1st, you can validate version 1.3 for errors or compliance.
Simone Alpen: Ok---thanks

Simone Alpen
Sponsored Operations Manager
Harvard University - Office for Sponsored Programs
1350 Massachusetts Avenue - Holyoke 600
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA
telephone: 617.496.2517

Q Please consider the environment before printing this email.