Re: Education for PIs - the basics Arleen Wallen 11 Sep 2009 09:47 EST

Please summarize the results as we too are putting together a program and
are interested in resources available.

Thank you.

Arleen Wallen MS, RD, MBA, CRCP
Financial Administrator
Office of Clinical Research Administration
Temple University Research Administration
3340 N. Broad Street
4th Floor Student Faculty Center
Philadelphia, Pa. 19140

Phone: 215-707-9639
Fax:     215-707-8805
xxxxxx@temple.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
W. Eryn Perry
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:06 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Education for PIs - the basics

Good morning all -

Our institution is looking to implement a PI education program, as we have
many physicians new to the research arena. We've found some good tools for
introducing them to clinical research, but not so much basic PI education -
ie what are the responsibilities of a PI, how to search for funding or find
collaborators, what does a PI need to know about budgets, etc. I was hoping
NIH may have modules on these, but I couldn't find anything in this vein on
the new investigator pages.

If anyone could point me to where I might find some educational powerpoint
presentations or other similar type modules - on either NIH or NSF or any
other source, I'd be forever grateful!

Thank you - Eryn

Eryn Perry
Director, Grants Management