Re: NIH review process Dimmitt, Robert 03 Aug 2009 08:43 EST

Charlie, I believe so (at least eventually).  Here is some guidance that I found regarding the percentiles:

"Scores will be percentiled to the appropriate base (e.g. study section base if the number of applications >25; CSR all base, or IC all base if < 25) and reported in whole number percentiles. Until a new base has been established from three rounds of reviews, percentiles will be based only on the current round of applications (reviews for October 2009 Council) or the prior and current rounds (reviews for January 2010 Council)."

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Charlie Hathaway
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 9:20 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] NIH review process

I doubt we will have a sense of this until there have been many rounds of
review.  Remember that typical "good" priority scores in the old system
varied by type of grant.  And it was always %-ile rather than score per se
that was used for choosing awards.  Will %-iles continue to be based on
the overall scores for current plus previous 2 cycles for each IRG?

Charlie