Re: F32 transition from paper to electronic Surprenant, James M. 31 Jul 2009 10:12 EST

Roshni,

I just completed one of these, and I went with the second choice - I calculated
based on the fellows PGY Level for the 3 years using the current level stipend
amounts and added 7850 per year for TRE.  I'd be interested too if the group
thinks we should do otherwise.

Thanks,
James

James M. Surprenant, MBA
SENIOR GRANTS ADMINISTRATOR
The Brigham & Women's Hospital
Department of Surgery
Tel: 617-525-7409
xxxxxx@partners.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Mark, Roshni
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 10:55 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] F32 transition from paper to electronic

The new electronic F32 applications (non-senior fellowships) request no budget.
The only dollar amount you would enter on the budget page would be if tuition is
requested. This makes sense as this is how it was set up on the paper
applications. Page 2 of the R&R does however have boxes a,b, and c to enter
project funding amounts. As we know these boxes will highlight yellow and cause
a submission error if we do not enter something here. Who would advise a dummy
number of zero here? Who would advise we estimate a budget here, extrapolating
stipend level and institutional allowance?

Thanks!

Roshni Mark
Research Management
Massachusetts General Hospital