Re: How to get rid of the required yellow fields for NIH application/ Senior/Key Person page Bob Beattie 22 Jul 2009 10:57 EST

Janet's suggestion is a possible "kludge" for the Grants.gov giant
bug in the system, but when I have suggested this, the Research staff
have said that the PI did not want such a sloppy looking form.  If
anyone does this, the attached "biosketch" page should explain what
is being done, or the agency might think you forgot something.  I
have suggested that you just state the problem and what you did.

Still, isn't it pretty sad that we have to do all this or a new form
to make up for an error that General Dynamics IT should just fix.

I strongly urge everyone who uses Grants.gov to submit a  An
Applicant Enhancement Form.
get it here
http://www07.grants.gov/agencies/applicant_user_feedback.jsp

Use some text like below for Item 1
" This is a request that you fix a SERIOUS ERROR in the Key Person
form.  Allow for the removal of Key Persons, including just one such
person.  Or allow for the removal of an accidental picking of Role on
Project.  There should be an option for an empty field for this
element.  Otherwise, once a role is picked it cannot be removed.
Then, the entire form must be redone."

Item 2:  "Fixing this serious error by GDIT will keep users from
redoing a whole form."  Same for Item 3.

If a couple hundred users send in such forms, I would like to know
how they can avoid fixing.  Thanks

Bob
------------------------------
Robert Beattie
UMich e-Business Point of Contact
UMich Grants.gov Liaison
Managing Senior Project Representative for Electronic Research
Administration
Division of Research Development and Administration
University of Michigan
xxxxxx@umich.edu   (734) 936-1283

On Jul 22, 2009, at 11:14 AM, Janet Bowne wrote:

I have had this happen on a couple of proposals and rather than start
all over, I entered N/A in all the yellow fields, added “other” for
the project role w/ N/A in the next box that comes up as mandatory,
and attached a blank pdf for the biosketch.