Re: HELP! C06 QUESTION Riccillo, Claudine 09 Jul 2009 16:14 EST

Charlie,
One of our PI's (who has reviewed NIH construction grants before)
insists that we should attach a letter of institutional commitment
signed by our President. We don't see anywhere we could attach a letter
and feel we should address this in the narrative section under Project
Management and Institutional Commitment.
Any thoughts?

Claudine Riccillo
Associate Director
Office of Research & Sponsored Projects
University of Texas at El Paso

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Charlie Hathaway
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 11:54 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] HELP! C06 QUESTION

I disagree.  Please see email below.

AND..please tell me if you already submitted a 40 pager for an
earlier deadline.  ??

Charlie

From: "McCullough, Willie (NIH/NCRR) [E]" <xxxxxx@mail.nih.gov>
To: Charlie Hathaway <xxxxxx@aecom.yu.edu>, "Nelson, Barbara
(NIH/NCRR) [E]"
 <xxxxxx@mail.nih.gov>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 18:22:30 -0400
Subject: RE: C06 page limits

Dr. Hathaway,

The 20 page Project Narrative includes the line-up-on-line narrative
of the following less the tables and line drawings:

Specific Aims:
Background:
Improvement Plans:
Significance and Need: (grant tables do not count against the 20 pages)
Project Management and Institutional Commitment:
Design Considerations:
 Engineering Criteria:
 Architectural Criteria:
Line Drawings: (do not counted against the 20 pages)
Equipment:
Project Timeline:

The grant support tables and line drawings may exceed the 40 page
limit that will trigger a warning that the PDF file is more than the
40 page limit.  A warning is OK so you may add more than 20 pages of
tables and line drawings.

Regards,

Willie

At 01:40 PM 7/9/2009, you wrote:
>We have interpreted the Project Narrative to consist of all the
>sections, with page requirements for Specific Aims, Background and
>Improvement to be no more than 20 pp.  But together with the
>remaining sections (Significance and Need, Project Management and
>Institutional Commitment, Design Considerations, Equipment and
>Project Timelines) the total cannot exceed 40 pp (with line drawings
>and tables exempt from limit).
>
>I confirmed with NIH regarding the Equipment and this is the response:
>For #10 Equipment, we assume that since this is included as part of
>the Project Narrative, the inclusion of it here as a separate
>attachment is not necessary?  Yes, you are correct.

Health