Re: ARRA Reporting: Delegating authority to subrecipients? Jill M. Mortali 02 Jul 2009 08:09 EST

We had a long discussion about this.  There are some things we would like to
delegate and other things that don't make as much sense.  I think it is
probably an all or nothing proposition so we are still weighing the issues.

Jill Mortali
Director, Office of Sponsored Projects
Dartmouth College
11 Rope Ferry Road
Hanover NH 03755
Phone 603-646-0678

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Daniel Salvati
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 8:43 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] ARRA Reporting: Delegating authority to subrecipients?

Hello all -

Curious to know everyone's thoughts on this issue.

Even though the prime institution is ultimately responsibly for all data,
the
prime may delegate certain reporting requirements to subrecipients.  Are
most
institutions delegating on a case by case basis?  Or, will most of you take
an "all or nothing" approach?

Daniel Salvati
Partners Research Management
Massachusetts General Hospital &