Re: NIH Policies on Similar, Identical, or Essentially Identical Applications; Submission of Applications with a Changed Activity Code Charlie Hathaway 08 Jun 2009 20:54 EST

NO!  The same science (i.e. aims) may not be under review by more than one
study section at the same time (i.e. within the same funding cycle).

[The other common example is attempting to submit an R01 to both the
Parent PA and a non-generic PA or RFA.]

The only exception I know of is the permission to concurrently submit a
project for consideration as both R01 and P01 sub.  AND...we shall see
whether R01 projects submitted in Feb or June can be the same as RC1
projects submitted in April.  Who knows?

CH