Re: NIH K25 proposals Charlie Hathaway 03 Jun 2009 15:13 EST

For K awards you MUST speak with the K guru at the institute(s) that
might fund.  Over the years there have been different interpretations
of what effort on a K means.  To me, effort on a K is quite different
than effort on a research grant.  How do you define effort devoted to
one's own career dev?  Thus, in many cases, they will give you the
salary max regardless of the precise % effort x salary that you feel
is appropriate.  Call them.

CH