Re: NIH submission: file names with spaces or special characters Cappellucci, James E. 28 May 2009 16:01 EST

Not with spaces, but I don't allow them, time permitting. Special characters
will kill the submission.

James Cappellucci
Sr. Grant Administrator, Grants & Contracts
Partners Healthcare/Massachusetts General Hospital
101 Huntington Avenue, 3rd Floor, Suite 300
Boston, MA  02199
Phone 617-954-9858
Fax:    617-954-9850
Main:  617-954-9309
xxxxxx@partners.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
SUBSCRIBE RESADM-L Martina Tsai
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:36 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] NIH submission: file names with spaces or special characters

Dear All,

I know I'm testing my luck here so just wondering what your experiences are
with the following:

Based on the NIH guidelines, all attachments must be provided to NIH in PDF
format, filenames must be included with no spaces or special characters, and
a .pdf extension must be used.

Have you run into many troubles with attachment files with spaces or special
characters? Yes, we've got 1 or 2 errors about this before, but just
wondering if you experience any difficulties when you don't follow this
guideline closely for NIH submissions.

As always, thanks for sharing.

Martina

Martina Tsai, CRA