Re: Human subjects/ARRA Kim Codere 06 May 2009 10:15 EST

Barbara,

According to the NIH Grants.gov user guide:

Insert "None" if the applicant organization does not have an approved assurance on file with OHRP.  In this case, the applicant organization, by the signature in item 19 on the SF424 (R&R) Cover component, is declaring that it will comply with 45 CFR Part 46 and proceed to obtain a human subjects assurances.

Hope this helps.

Kim

**************************************
Kim Codere
Senior Grants Analyst
Sponsored Programs Office
Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Drive
Houghton, MI  49931-1295

Phone:  906/487-2226
Fax:  906/487-2245
E-mail:  xxxxxx@mtu.edu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barbara DeHaven" <xxxxxx@STEVENS.EDU>
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:50:07 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [RESADM-L] Human subjects/ARRA

We've applied for our FWA but the approval process hasn't been finalized.

We submitted 4 proposals that anticipate human subjects - 2 appear to have
sailed through but 2 were bounced out through the g.g error message system.
Obviously we don't have an FWA number to put in that block on the cover page
and when I talk to OHRP there's nothing they can do (I thought perhaps there
was a 'working' number).

Anybody had a similar experience?

Barbara DeHaven, Executive Director

Office of Sponsored Research