Re: Term Paper Survey Ericson-West, Susan 06 May 2009 09:51 EST

Lisa:

Do you have a direct email that these surveys could be returned to, rather than running them through the listserv?

Many thanks --

Susan Ericson-West
Keene State College
229 Main Street
Keene, NH 03435-3510

603-358-2046
xxxxxx@keene.edu

________________________________

From: Research Administration List on behalf of Lisa Williams
Sent: Wed 5/6/2009 10:36 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Term Paper Survey

Hello all -

I hope you have moment to lend a hand - I'm wrapping up a term paper I'm writing for a paralegal studies course and have a brief survey for research administrators.  If you have a moment and are willing to provide information for a paper that will only be used as a class assignment, I'd be quite grateful.  I will not identify you by name or institution in the paper.  Please respond off-list to my direct e-mail address, and thank you so much for your help!

The paper is about the value of having paralegal training OR some other legal training (including a JD) in roles such as ours - where the lines between business and legal issues are sometimes gray.

Here are the questions:

What is your position or job title?

Briefly describe your primary duties or responsibilities:

Do you have any formal legal/paralegal training?

How often do you consult with counsel to perform the duties of your job?

On the following scale, where does your salary fall?
 25-35K
 35-45K
 45-55K
 55-65K
 65K+

If your position were recruited today, which of the following would be a requirement of the position?
 1-5 years research administration experience
 5+ years research administration experience
 Bachelor's degree
 Master's degree
 Doctorate degree (including Juris Doctor)

If you are a manager/supervisor of research administrators, what value do you estimate legal/paralegal training to have for a potential employee?

Again, many thanks!

Lisa Williams, CRA
Contract Administrator
Office of Sponsored Programs
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID 83725-1135
ph: 208-426-1425 / cell: 530-867-6727

====================================================================== Instructions on how to use the RESADM-L Mailing List, including subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at http://www.hrinet.org (click on "Listserv Lists") ======================================================================