Re: S2S vs Forms Terri Hall 28 Apr 2009 09:56 EST

Bob,
We had 35 system-to-system submissions for yesterday's deadline and all were successfully submitted. While that is not a lot for many of you, it was our biggest test to date. We ran into an issue with Grants.gov yesterday afternoon (as everyone did) when it got overloaded but the issue was not related to our system. We did not experience a lot of the issues our non-S2S colleagues did with the Adobe forms.

We're considering this a confirmation that we made the right choice in going with a system-to-system solution.
Terri

Terri M. Hall, CRA
Director, Electronic Research Administration
Associate Director, Pre-Award Administration
Office of Research
University of Notre Dame (**an infoEd institution**)
(574) 631-7378
xxxxxx@nd.edu
There is nothing like a dream to create the future. - Victor Hugo

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Robert Bienkowski
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:44 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] S2S vs Forms

While many of us had problems submitting applications for yesterday's deadline, I wonder whether those who used S2S had an easier time than folks who downloaded and then uploaded the Adobe forms.
Will this recent experience change anyone's practice?

Bob Bienkowski
--
Robert S Bienkowski, PhD
xxxxxx@att.net