Re: Competitive renewals Meegan M Michalek 20 Apr 2009 09:13 EST

Hi,

I did see this error. Our dates definitely fall within the awarded project
dates and the parent grant is definitely awarded.

We were told to sit tight and wait to be contacted too. However, that is a
small consolation to nervous PI's! I got the error when I tried submitting
again this morning, I would have thought they would have sorted it out by
now.

--Meegan

Meegan M. Michalek, M.A.
Grant Manager
Health Research, Incorporated
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Elm & Carlton
Buffalo NY 14263
Phone: 716.845.1346
Fax: 716.845.8873

 Kris Wolff
 <xxxxxx@FORDHAM.E
 Sent by: Research         xxxxxx@hrinet.org
 Administration                                             cc
 List
 <xxxxxx@hrinet.                                     Subject
 org>                      Re: [RESADM-L] Competitive renewals

 04/20/2009 09:53
 AM

 Please respond to
 Research
 Administration
 Discussion List
 <xxxxxx@hrinet.
 org>

Meegan, did you see this from NIH?  Hope it helps.

Q: Why did I receive the error message "The parent grant for a revision
must
be awarded. The parent grant for this submission is not a funded grant."
for
my competitive revision?

A: As indicated in the message, the most recent 'New' or competitive
'Renewal' application (known as the 'parent grant') must be in an awarded
status at the time the 'Revision' is submitted. Other related conditions
can
also trigger this message. For example, if the proposed project dates of
the
'Revision' fall outside the project start or end dates of the parent grant
the system will not find an awarded grant covering the proposed dates and
will throw the same error. If you receive this error and are unable to
determine the root cause, you should contact the eRA Commons Help Desk. Be
prepared to provide your Grants.gov tracking number (e.g., GRANT12345678)
and the Institute and Serial number of your prior NIH grant number (e.g.,
CA123456).