Re: DUNS number for foreign component Lesley Zajac 17 Apr 2009 15:14 EST

Bob:

You are entirely welcome!!!!  :) :) Are we all having fun yet?

Lesley S. Zajac
Director, Research Administration
Jaeb Center for Health Research
15310 Amberly Drive, Ste 350
Tampa, FL 33647
Tel: 813.975.8690
Fax: 813.975.8761
email: xxxxxx@jaeb.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Bob Beattie
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 4:09 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] DUNS number for foreign component

Thanks for putting me on the spot :)  This is about the most obscure
data item of all NIH otherwise excellent notes.  Maybe they could put
it in the Guide.

http://era.nih.gov/ElectronicReceipt/faq_prepare_app.htm#2b

# Is a DUNS number required for every subaward/consortium organization?
Ideally yes. The 'Organization DUNS' is a required field on the
'Research & Related Budget' form, regardless of the budget "type"-
project or subaward/consortium. However, at the subaward level,
neither Grants.gov nor NIH currently validates on the accuracy of
that field. For subaward organizations, eRA Commons only validates
that the DUNS field contains a value and that the value is not the
same DUNS number provided by the prime applicant. At this time the
eRA Commons does not do any further validations on the accuracy of
the number. So for now, if a subaward/consortium organization is
unable to secure a DUNS number in time, then a value of nine zeros
can be entered in the DUNS field on the subaward/consortium budget
component. This requirement may change over time.

Remember that the prime applicant uses the R&R Subaward Budget
Attachment form to generate a copy of the Research & Related Budget
form that can be sent to the subaward/consortium organization, filled
out, sent back to the prime and attached to the R&R Subaward Budget
Attachment form.

Bob

It was a previous post to this list, by Bob Beattie I believe