ARRA Competing Revisions Beyea, Donna L. 17 Apr 2009 08:23 EST

We've not seen this specific error as yet.  However, we have had several
rejected stating that the "parent grant is not funded".  This apparently
is because the project end date for the revision request exceeded the
current end date on the parent grant.  Even if you are requesting
funding that will continue the project into a future no-cost extension,
you have to only show the current dates of the grant (hence we had apps
going in for $400,000 for a five month period since we can't process an
extension as yet)

Also, beware that NOT-09-079 is completely incorrect.  If you are
submitting a Competitive Revision for an R21 that would now require a
detailed budget because the request exceeds the modular budget threshold
you will not get a "warning"  as stated in the Notice.  You get an
"error" and therefore you cannot submit at all - we are now trying to
manipulate the budget to fit on a modular budget form and will include
the detailed budget in the justification.

I have tried contacting Grants.gov, Commons and Grantinfo but I have not
had any response to this major issue.

Donna
Donna L. Beyea
Assistant Director
Office of Research & Project Administration
518 Hylan Building
Box 270140
Rochester, NY  14627
Phone: 585-275-8037