Re: Grants.gov HELP TAB could come in handy Homer Cavazos 09 Apr 2009 12:11 EST

Forgive me if everyone has already visited the HELP tab @ grants.gov, but just in case I thought this would be noteworthy and useful when pointing others in the right direction. This should help ease the pain for others.

Truthfully, it could be a hassle and I'd highly suggest having a TECH GUY, like me, on hand 24/7/365!

ADOBE READER COMPATIBLE TESTER

This link will test your adobe reader to see if it is compatible with grants.gov. If you receive an error, then you need to do some technical stuff on you MAC or PC.

http://grants.gov/applicants/AdobeVersioningTestOnly.jsp

DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE needed to successfully manuever through grants.gov can be found on this page.

http://grants.gov/help/download_software.jsp#pdf_conversion_programs

Trouble Shooting Tips can be found here:

http://grants.gov/help/trouble_tips.jsp

SET ADOBE READER AS A DEFAULT

Set your computer's default to use the correct version of Adobe Reader for opening all files with a PDF extension.

Please note: This option will cause your computer to always use Adobe Reader to open files having a PDF filename extension. Therefore, each user will need to stay aware of these settings and know when they would like to open a document using something like Adobe Pro etc.

How to do this will vary with each user's installation of the Operating System. See link below.

http://grants.gov/help/trouble_tips.jsp#14

Cheers,
Homer Scott Cavazos, MBA
xxxxxx@gmail.com