Re: Help - Question on entering year 2 budget for DoD Breast Cancer Research Program Idea Award Hamaker, Amanda K 03 Apr 2009 09:11 EST

I second that nomination!

We have entered the details for the year 2 budget on the first page of
the justification.  The budget form indicates to do something along
those lines...in little tiny print...under the summary table.

Amanda

Amanda Hamaker
Phone:  (765) 496-9647

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Bob Beattie
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 9:45 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Help - Question on entering year 2 budget for
DoD Breast Cancer Research Program Idea Award

I found that by entering the full time period  of the project on the
first budget page,
Period of Performance: From: Through:
 additional years became fillable in the summary section, equal to
the number of years indicated for the Period of Performance.

I nominate this application for the most convoluted, time wasting
application I have ever seen!.  By the way, I had to use Adobe
Acrobat/Professional to open the Biosketch section, and Reader to
open the budget.  Anyone else find that to be true.  Not really a
problem for Macs but non-Macs cannot open both at the same time.

Bob
------------------------------
Robert Beattie
UMich Grants.gov Liaison
Managing Senior Project Representative for Electronic Research
Administration
Division of Research Development and Administration
University of Michigan
xxxxxx@umich.edu   (734) 936-1283

On Apr 3, 2009, at 8:53 AM, David Hollingsworth wrote:

For the DoD Breast Cancer Research Program Idea Award W81XWH-09-BCRP-
IDEA, the grants.gov submission has you download a separate PDF file
for completing the budget.  We can enter the year 1 on  the budget
detail form and this flows to the summary budget form (similar to the
NIH 398) but the form does not seem to have the fields setup to
accept years 2 -5 on the summary form.

How are others handling this?
Thanks
David