Re: question i should know the answer to but don't Bierer, Barbara E.,M.D. 02 Apr 2009 21:39 EST

To the best of my understanding, only if the work itself is/was supported by
federal funds must it be reported to ORI.
Otherwise, there is no requirement, although some institutions may choose, by
policy, to apply the same rules to all misconduct investigations.

Barbara

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List on behalf of Theresa Defino
Sent: Thu 4/2/2009 12:03 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] question i should know the answer to but don't

Is an entity that receives PHS funds required to report suspected research
misconduct?

At your university is this a requirement? And must you report also to ORI?

THanks!

Kind regards,
Theresa Defino
Editor
Report on Research Compliance
301-738-3721
xxxxxx@aol.com

Sample issue:
http://www.aishealth.com/SampleIssues/samplerrc.pdf

information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at
http://www.hrinet.org (click on "Listserv Lists")

dispose of the e-mail.