Re: DUNS number database Bob Beattie 02 Apr 2009 11:43 EST

The CCR is a potential source of DUNS numbers but not perfect.  If
you search on our official name, for example,  -- Regents of the
University of
Michigan, you will find 6 entries.  Anyone can register in D& B with
any name they want.   No one at UM cares to police the use of its
name, so
you get multiple entries of us.  I suspect other universities are
similar.

You can try usaspending.gov which is supposed to have all grants
listed.  If you search 2009 for Regents of University of Michigan,
you get an entry for a DUNS number I have never seen before
957496466.  If use just Unviversity of Michigan, you get two more,
including
one that is DBA the Flint Branch Radio station.  They got grants for
$25million.   This site also has Congressional Districts.

Once the FFATA subaward reporting system is imposed on us, we will
have to know the DUNS of subawardees when we make  that award.
In the meantime why not look on the Sub Award Budget forms from the
Grants.gov applications.  For pre-425R&R applications, one might just
ask the subaward PI.

Bob
------------------------------
Robert Beattie
UMich e-Business Point of Contact
UMich Grants.gov Liaison
Managing Senior Project Representative for Electronic Research
Administration
Division of Research Development and Administration
University of Michigan
xxxxxx@umich.edu   (734) 936-1283

On Apr 2, 2009, at 11:58 AM, Foster, Kathleen C wrote:

The CCR (www.ccr.gov) is searchable and contains DUNS numbers.

Kathleen Foster
Director, Research Systems and Funding Information
Office of Sponsored Programs
Boston University

p: 617.353.4365