Re: Adobe Acrobat 8.1.4 Bob Beattie 19 Mar 2009 11:57 EST

Good comment by Alexander about up grading. However, the point about
all users with the same version is another Help Desk myth.  All users
can use any approved version.
We get applications and have no idea what was used to create them.
We submit with  Reader 9 or 8.1.3 or Acrobat 9 or 8.1.3.  Sometimes
try with both at the same time :)

8.1.4 will fix that serious security problem that was discussed last
month, also 9.1 is good for this too.  Remember, the problem that was
solved by turning off Javascript.    8.1.4 has not yet been approved
by Grants.gov

http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb09-03.html

Bob
------------------------------
Robert Beattie

On Mar 19, 2009, at 12:35 PM, Schoen, Alexander wrote:

That does not sound like a good idea - especially if it's not listed
as an approved version. Also - all users accessing an application
package need to use the same version, so you're using 8.1.4 would
mess things up.

Alexander Schoen
Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
Winthrop-University Hospital