Re: Grants.gov error Participant/trainee Cummulative exceeds 999 Tina L. Cunningham 09 Mar 2009 14:05 EST

Deborah,

I got just this error a week or so ago.  The Help Desk told me that I had opened the package with the wrong version of Adobe (not sure how this is possible seeing as how I only have Pro 8.1.3 and Reader 9 on my computer) and not to use Pro, but only Reader.  They told me to download a new package and start over, which I was not willing to do.  However, I had submitted it once and it had an error when it got to Commons.  It was my resubmission that had this error.  So, I took my earlier submission, made sure that I opened it in Reader, made all my corrections and submitted again.  That time it went through.

Not sure this will help you but hopefully you can salvage your package!

Tina

********************************
Tina L. Cunningham, J.D., CRA
Administrator
Sponsored Programs Administration
Mississippi State University
133 Etheredge Hall
449 Hardy Road
P.O. Box 6156
Mississippi State, MS 39762

Phone: 662-325-7395
Fax: 662-325-3803
Email: xxxxxx@spa.msstate.edu

From: 	Deborah Hofer <xxxxxx@SOU.EDU>
To:	<xxxxxx@hrinet.org>
Date: 	3/9/2009 2:00 PM
Subject: 	Re: [RESADM-L] Grants.gov error Participant/trainee Cummulative exceeds 999

I got 18 errors! The eRA Commons help desk said to start again with a fresh application after loading Adobe. Does this sound right?

Error:Schema validation failed
DefaultValidationHandler found 18 problems:
 18 Errors:
 1: (line 2 column 32992) cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '' is not a valid value for 'decimal'.
 2: (line 2 column 32992) cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '' of element 'PHS398_ModularBudget:DirectCostLessConsortiumFandA3' is not valid.
 3: (line 2 column 33047) cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '' is not a valid value for 'decimal'.
 4: (line 2 column 33047) cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '' of element 'PHS398_ModularBudget:TotalFundsRequestedDirectCosts3' is not valid.
 5: (line 2 column 33182) cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '' is not a valid value for 'decimal'

Deborah d'Este Hofer MM
Grants & Sponsored Programs
Institutional Review Board Administrator
Southern Oregon University
1250 Siskiyou Blvd
Ashland, OR 97520
Churchill #205
541.552.8662
xxxxxx@sou.edu
.
>>> Zoya Hamilton <xxxxxx@TUFTS.EDU> 3/9/2009 10:57 AM >>>
I had this error on a different submission long time ago. This list did
not have any responses about it at that time. That solicitation allowed
for participants, but the application would not pass the validation
check because there were more than 999. The help desk did not have any
tricks to offer, so I just took out the number of participants in the
case when there were over 999.

Zoya

--
Zoya Hamilton, CRA
Sr. Associate Director, Research Administration