Re: Trouble with Grants.gov Bloomberg, Robert 04 Mar 2009 12:14 EST

Bob,

I very much appreciate your attempt to find a silver lining in the mess that passes for g.g.  But I'm afraid that I don't buy it.

If a submission deadline is 5PM on March 5, then why should I ask my PI's to submit 10 days early?  Or one day early?  At what point did the word "deadline" lose its meaning?

Why should anyone have to resubmit at all, never mind a half dozen or more times, unless the problem is on their side?

The point was made that this exercise in futility is costing us serious money, at a time when no one can afford extra expenses.  Saying "grin and bear it" until it can be fixed isn't an economically sound solution

Not everyone is on this list.  What about the folks who haven't seen your emails (or the others) advising them that (some)errors really aren't errors?

If NIH is so flexible, why is the error correction window back to 2 days?

The answer:  Return to manual submission until there is a system that works.

Bob

Robert P. Bloomberg
Director, Office of Grants & Contracts
Tufts Medical Center