Re: Error correction window does not equal deadline extension Charlie Hathaway 26 Feb 2009 11:41 EST

Contradictions are widespread.  When asked for permission to send
supplemental pages/material after the deadline FOR THE PURPOSE OF
CORRECTING MISTAKES IN THE ORIGINAL SUBMISSION, many program officers and
SRAs still say "why didn't you do that during the correction window?"

The concept that "corrections" are only to be used for eRA commons
identified errors, and for necessary responses to warnings, will be
meaningless as long as NIH does not enforce its rules.  Until they do,
everyone will be able able to use the window as "extra time to submit"
(provided they get something sent by 5 PM on the deadline).  And I have a
hard time saying no to our PIs when I know the rest of the country is
taking advantage of the loophole.

Charlie Hathaway