Re: S2S for a small institution Tom Drinane 26 Feb 2009 11:41 EST

S2S still has its advantages - to my mind having a record stored in
one's own database that is an exact copy of what went to the Feds is a
good thing from a tracking & compliance perspective.

I do agree, though, that at some point the sponsored portfolio could be
more efficiently tracked with smaller systems (Excel, in some cases) and
an enterprise system like Coeus is overkill.

I think Bob's notion of consortia becomes feasible when Coeus & Kuali
merge, the software is free, and users can be more creative with how
they use it.  One of the issues becomes the support for a multi-campus
environment, where things like fringe & F&A rates will vary from one
site to the next.  This is not insurmountable (software could be
installed separately for each institution, with support & maintenance
centralized), but does need to be considered.

Tom Drinane
8 Douglas Ridge
Norwich, VT  05055

802-356-7843 (M)