Re: S2S for a small institution T. Fayle 24 Feb 2009 21:34 EST

Bob,

My institution (me) has been reviewing S2S for the last few months.  This
Friday we will be doing a demo for Coeus.  I've seen Cayuse and Xythos (more
doc management than res admin).  Cayuse is $12,500/year with a 3% increase
per year.  Xythos doesn't want to deal with you unless you have 600-800
users, and that would be $47,000 plus support.

Coeus, on the other hand, was written by research administrators for
research administrators and is the cheapest one of the bunch, $7500 first
year with 5% increase per year and three year contract.  Besides the fact
that its so much 'deeper' than Cayuse or Xythos or any of the others.  After
Friday I can tell you it feels.  It seems this is about as cheap as it gets.

Our institutions has about 11,000 students, 400 faculty and we submit about
150 projects per year.  Our total awards amount to $8.4M, with about $2M of
that  being  for research.  So, I consider us as one of those 'small
institutions'.

Terri Fayle
Assistant Director
Sponsored Programs