Re: Time & Effort Question Margarita M Cardona 23 Feb 2009 10:40 EST

Adjunct teaching can be classified as incidental work, if under an institutional policy to that effect.

Margarita M. Cardona, MS, CRA
Director of Sponsored Research
University of Baltimore
Office of the Provost
1420 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
(ph) 410-837-6191
(fx)  410-837-5249

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Jari R. Peters
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 10:36 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Time & Effort Question

I agree that activities that are categorized as incidental work for which supplemental compensation is paid (based on A-21), do not have to be included in effort calculations.  But, the question is whether the teaching can be classified as incidental work.  I don't think it can here.

Jari Peters, JD
Office of Research Compliance
407 E. 61st, First Floor
New York, NY 10065