Re: R21 page length for Research Plan bonnie kwit 10 Feb 2009 14:56 EST

Yes, I know.  My huge question was why is the modular budget form NOT in the
application package, only the detailed budget.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Roger Wood
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:39 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] R21 page length for Research Plan

Bonnie,
I was the one that posted the response to you last week. On further
investigation today, it appears that this rule is not true now. CDC appears
to follow the standard NIH rules (plus refer to the opportunity notice) for
modular budget vs detailed budget.

http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/grants/faq_prepare_app.shtm
> Budget
>
>    2. An applicant may see both detailed and modular budget component
options
> as part of the SF424 (R&R) application package. Which should be used?
>       The rules are the same as those for paper applications. If an
> application meets the modular limit of $250K or under, the applicant must
> submit a modular budget. Likewise, if an application exceeds $250K, it
must
> come in as a detailed budget. The applicant should complete the budget
> component appropriate to their situation.

Roger
________________
Roger Wood
Pre-Award Product Manager

InfoEd International, Inc.
1873 Western Avenue, Suite 201
Albany, NY 12203
Tel:  518.464.0691
 800.727.6427
Fax: 518.464.0695
http://www.infoed.org

The information contained in this email message is solely for the intended
addressee. This message may contain confidential and/or privileged material
and access to this message by anyone other than the intended addressee is
unauthorized. Unauthorized recipients are required to maintain
confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of
this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error,
please notify InfoEd immediately at xxxxxx@infoed.org and destroy the
original.

On 2/10/09 12:17 PM, "bonnie kwit" <xxxxxx@OAKLAND.EDU> wrote:

> The PAR 06-552 R21 is also limited to 15 pages.
> Last week I mentioned that the application mentioned above only had the
> detailed budget section in the application package on grants.gov.
However,