Re: R21 page length for Research Plan bonnie kwit 10 Feb 2009 12:17 EST

The PAR 06-552 R21 is also limited to 15 pages.
Last week I mentioned that the application mentioned above only had the
detailed budget section in the application package on grants.gov.  However,
the solicitation of PAR 06-552 reads:  "R21 applications will use the
modular budget format..."

Whoever replied to me last week said the CDC does not recognize modular
budget formats..

Why does the solicitation state modular budget format?

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Bob Beattie
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 12:00 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] R21 page length for Research Plan

The Parent application for R-21 instructions state
# Items 2-5 of the Research Plan of the R21 application may not
exceed 15 pages, including tables, graphs, figures, diagrams, and
charts.

The application cited below is PAR-08-135
The Parent R-21 is PA-06-181

I hope if any eRA Commons staff are reading this, they can assure us
that the Validation Rules will be able to differentiate the two
different rules for the different applications.

Bob
------------------------------
Robert Beattie
University of Michigan
xxxxxx@umich.edu   (734) 936-1283

On Feb 10, 2009, at 11:26 AM, Zoya Hamilton wrote:

I just saw an R21 PA that sets the page limit for the Research Plan
at 20 pages:

http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PAR-08-135.html

Has anyone else come across a 20-page long Res Plan for R21? I
thought NIH is looking into shortening them all.

--
Zoya Hamilton, CRA
Sr. Associate Director, Research Administration