Re: Academic Year defined Sally J Southwick 02 Feb 2009 14:23 EST

Our academic year is on an 8-month calendar, but for external funding
purposes we observe a 2/9ths summer limit, with only rare exceptions for
3/9ths.

Best,
Sally

Altieri, Joanne [VPRED] wrote:

> Has anyone out there ever heard of defining the academic year (at a
> 2-semester institution) as 8 months instead of 9 months?  The question
> has been raised here in relation to whether it would be possible to
> allow 8-month faculty to seek external funding for 4 additional months
> on top of their regular academic-based salary.
>

> Joanne K. Altieri, Director
>
> Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
>
> 1138 Pearson Hall
>
> Iowa State University
>
> Ames, IA 50011-2207
>
> Phone:  (515) 294-7723
>
> Fax:  (515) 294-8000
>
> Email:  xxxxxx@iastate.edu <mailto:xxxxxx@iastate.edu>

Sally J. Southwick, PhD
Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Bates College
2 Andrews Road
Lewiston, ME 04240
(207)-786-6240
Fax (207)-786-8242
xxxxxx@bates.edu

This email message (and any attachments therein) contains information that may be confidential and is for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete it from your computer.