Re: Grants.gov submissions Cappellucci, James E. 30 Jan 2009 08:51 EST

I would like to see what is going to happen next week.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Maldonis, Joanne
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 7:58 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Grants.gov submissions

Regarding the Grants.gov submissions:

We also had the same, frustrating problems of getting nowhere when trying to
submit yesterday. The particular opportunity announcement that we were applying
for had a deadline on Jan 29 @ 5pm.  We were told to call the Grants.gov help
desk and document the problem and get a case or ticket number.  Also, to do the
same with Era Commons, (although yesterday afternoon they weren't taking any
calls and where putting you through to voicemail to leave a message with your
submission problem and they'd get back to you in 24 - 48 hrs).

We attached the pdf file in an email to all the folks listed under Agency
Contacts in the opportunity announcement, described the problem in submitting
the grant, and listed the grants.gov case number.

We got an immediate reply that basically said " everyone is having the same
problem.  As long as you have a case number you have the proff to show you have
been making a good faith effort to get this in on time.  Just keep trying - at
this point they can't refuse the submission even if it is after the deadline.
No worries - you've done what you can do.

Today, the PI is revising the conver letter to document this problem and list
the grants.gov case number.  The cover letter will also say that we will
continue to try and submit every day until it gets through.

Then I'm calling the White House...........  Whoever thought this was a better
system !

Joanne Maldonis
Grants Administrator
Research Management