Re: Fly America Act Surprenant, James M. 22 Jan 2009 12:54 EST

Code-sharing is acceptable - if the ticket is purchased through a domestic
carrier but the actual flight is on a foreign carrier's plane, it is ok as long
as the ticket was purchased from the American carrier.

Good luck.

JAMES M. SURPRENANT, MBA
Department of Surgery
BRIGHAM AND WOMEN'S HOSPITAL
Tel: 617-525-7409 ¨ Fax: 617-525-7723

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Powell, Panda
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 12:33 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Fly America Act

Fellow Research Administrators,

I have a situation where a researcher on a federal grant flew to Hong Kong.  A
few of the flights were "Delta" operated by "Comair" however the planes were
Canadair.  Does this conflict with the Fly America Act?  We are having a debate
here in our office.  I would greatly appreciate any insight.

Thank you very much

Panda

Panda Powell, CRA

Grants Compliance Administrator

Marshall University Research Corporation

401 11th Street, 14th Floor

Huntington, West Virginia  25701

Phone:  304-696-6676

Fax:  304-697-2770

e-mail:  xxxxxx@marshall.edu <mailto:xxxxxx@marshall.edu>

information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at
http://www.hrinet.org (click on "Listserv Lists")

dispose of the e-mail.